Personal Data Protection Policy
In the course of your dealings with us, Cortex Group, associates, affiliates and/or members within the company (collectively, referred to as “us”, “our” or “we” in this Personal Data Protection Policy), will have access to your personal data (“Personal Data”), to enable us to enter into transactions or employment with you or to communicate with you on the services, and/or products related to our business. These may be done through various means, including but not limited to:
a) agreements for sale and purchase for our services including online and offline;
b) our forms whether in electronic or hardcopy format;
c) any correspondence including social media that we have received from you requesting forinformation or making any inquiries; and/or
d) business cards or other information provided to us or that were dropped at our premises orgiven to our employees or sales and marketing or other agents.
The personal data collected is provided to us voluntarily by you or via a third party who has been duly authorized by you.
Types of Personal Data
Such Personal Data may include but is not limited to information such as your name, age, identity card number, address, email address, gender, date of birth, marital status, health conditions, occupation, designation, photographs, resume, other visual information, employment information, contact information such as telephone, mobile and facsimile number, race, nationality, financial information such as bank account information and information of third parties such as emergency contact person, authorised representatives, which may be subject to applicable data protection and other similar laws.
- to contact you on information in connection with our current and future services or products and the marketing activities of such services or products as well as new product launches, events, promotional events and contests;
- preparing and executing all necessary documents and agreements with you such as the sale and purchase transactions, and to carry out the obligations under the agreement, for our products, services, necessary for purposes of conducting and administering our business including but not limited to sales administration purposes;
- responding to, handling, and processing queries, requests, applications, complaints, and feedback from you;
- verifying your identity;
- collection of outstanding payments;
- any other purposes for which you have provided the information;
- those purposes provided for in any particular service or product offered by us or our business partners;
- to administer and carry out our customer and prospective customer relationship management procedures;
- conducting marketing, client profiling and business development activities as well as market research and statistical analysis and customer surveys regarding our projects, products and/or services;
- any other incidental business purposes related to or in connection with the above.
We will keep your Personal Data provided to us in confidential. We may disclose your personal data to these classes of third parties:-
- any parties to whom we are under a legal requirement to disclose the Personal Data by applicable law or in response to an authoritative body, including government agencies, statutory authorities, local councils and/or industry regulators as well as to any other third party pursuant to any court order;
- contractors and service providers, including but not limited to auditors, consultants, accountants, lawyers, financial and professional advisers related strictly to the related business;
- our subsidiaries, associates, affiliates and/or members within the Cortex Group;
- our joint venture and business partners.
The refusal or failure to provide the Personal Data may result in the following:
- the inability of parties to formalize and/or carry out the relevant agreement or transaction in relation to the sale of our products and/or services and other business activities;
- the inability for us provide you with the information, products and/or services requested; and/or
- the inability to provide you information about our products and/or services and obtaining your feedback on our products and/or services.
We shall also take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal data is accurate, complete, not misleading and kept up to date by having regard to the purpose, including any directly related purpose, for which the personal data was collected and further processed.
We will retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by laws. We will cease to retain your personal data as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention is no longer serves the purpose.
Your Personal Data is important to us. We will implement appropriate administrative and security safeguards, procedures and policies to the extent practicable and in accordance with applicable laws. You should aware that no method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While it cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information by constantly reviewing our information security measures.
You may withdraw the consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data by submitting your request in writing to the following email to us. The consent will remain valid until such time we are been informed. Upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, we may require reasonable time for your request to be processed. Should you decide to cancel your withdrawal of consent, please inform Cortex Group in writing.
You may request for access to review, delete or correction of the Personal Data that is inaccurate, incomplete, out of date or limit the processing by submitting a written request addressed to Cortex Group as follows:
Cortex Imaging Sdn Bhd
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: (+604) 638 6199
Any inquiries with respect to your Personal Data should also be channelled to us in this manner.
In the event you have provided personal data of third parties (e.g. emergency contact, authorised representatives) to us, we trust that you have obtained the prior consent of such third parties to allow us to process their personal data in relation to the Purpose. We are not obligated to verify if the 3rd party has given the consent to such disclosure and should there be any action derives or initiated by the 3rd party, we shall be fully indemnified by you.
We reserve the right, from time to time, need or be required to change our Personal Data Protection Policy to comply with or be consistent with changes in applicable law and regulations as well as our business operations or policies. As such, you may wish to review any changes to our Personal Data Protection Policy at our website from time to time.
I acknowledge that I have read and understood the Data Protection Policy and consent to the collection, use and disclosure of my personal data by Cortex Group.
Remarks: Where applicable, consent may be obtained either on paper or on electronic mediums utilised by Data Users including but not limited to electronic channels such as SMS, e-mail and other internet / social / application based messaging systems.